Before going into inverse psoriasis and inverse psoriasis treatment options; let’s start it from the skin, the victim of inverse psoriasis. Our skin is one of the five senses through which we experience and respond to stimuli. So, if our skin develops some problems, we will face problems as well. But our skin is also quite sensitive like the other 4 senses.
So, there are some common skin diseases like rashes, pimples, blemishes and acne as well. There are some more complicated problems like serious itching, scabies, albinism and more. One such problem is called as inverse psoriasis as well. Inverse psoriasis is a problem that needs to be understood more clearly. The inverse psoriasis is a complex problem that needs to be explained in detail to people.
What Is It?
- Inverse psoriasis is a disease that is classified as an auto-immune disease of the skin.
- The skin cells multiply rapidly in this problem. Due to rapid multiplication of cells, a number of ugly marks and spots erupt on the entire skin of the body.
- There are red patches, scaly marks, blisters and more. There are also sores and boils which are filled with pus that oozes out when the boils begin to burst.
- The main characteristic of this problem is that it affects the skin in folds of the body like in the belly, thighs and elbows and other areas. The patches of the psoriasis affect in such localized areas. So, this is a complex form of psoriasis.
The Main Symptoms
- The biggest symptom of inverse psoriasis is that the patches and spots are raised and they become inflamed.
- Instead of being simply dark patches, the patches actually become inflamed and filled with wet pus. The patches also feel wet on being touched.
- The patches also begin to itch and feel irritating as well.
- The lesions will also envelope the specific parts of the body in large numbers.
- The patches are also highly infectious in nature as they can spread to other people who are close to the victim.
- These symptoms are quite serious for people as well.
The Main Causes
- The biggest cause of the problem of inverse psoriasis is that of mutations in the immune systems. But some other causes are also mainly responsible for the problem of inverse psoriasis.
- One of them is that bacterial infections and infestations can ruin things for you. If you have such infections, you will suffer from this form of psoriasis.
- On the other hand, if you are obese and overweight, you are more likely to face the same problem. It is mainly because you will have more folds of the body in which the patches and blisters can be formed.
- There are quite a few inverse psoriasis treatment options in store for you. Here is a look at the topical solutions for inverse psoriasis treatment.
- There are special skin creams and ointments that can be applied to specific parts of the human body to topically cure the problem of inverse psoriasis.
- This means that these ointments will reduce the boils.
- There are some specific anti-bacterial medicines and gels that can be used.
All these medicines need to be used after prior prescription of the doctors and dermatologists as well. So, these topical treatments need to be supervised carefully when you are administering them.
- There is a more complex and technical solution for the problem of inverse psoriasis. This is the method which is known as phototherapy.
- In this process, ultraviolet UVB rays are streamed down on the entire body.
- The UVB rays can penetrate the deeper folds of skin in the body. In doing this, they can effectively destroy all the marks and patches.
- This is quite a clean and painless method of removing out the blotches and boils.
- The only problem is that excess of UVB radiation can have harmful side effects in the future as well. This is one of the only risks that are associated with phototherapy solutions.
- Biologic Drugs
- The next option of inverse psoriasis treatment is that of using biologic drugs.
- These are drugs mainly in the form of intravenous injections and vaccines. These contain compounds and chemicals that reverse the problems in the immune system.
- The compounds which are injected into the human body are those which relax the production of proteins that can cause problems in the auto-immune system.
- The compounds need to be taken with care. They also need to be taken regularly so as to prevent future occurrences of the same problem as well. So, the biologic drugs are recommended by many people.
Other than the above methods of reverse psoriasis treatment, there are some methods in which you can prevent the problem. One is that you need to make certain changes to your lifestyle. This means you need to start going for exercises to get rid of the folds of skin in your body.
The other solution is that you need to carry dry towels and use talcum powder so as to keep the suspected areas dry.
Change In Attire
It is also recommended by many doctors that you make some big changes in the attire and dressing as well. This is recommended as change in attire will help you to reduce your sweat levels comfortably. Instead of wearing tight clothes with dark colors, try to pick clothes which are comfortable, loose and colorful, especially during summer. In this way, you can suitably keep the oppressive heat at bay. So, this is one of the other ways in which you can prevent the problem by change in attire as well.
The Final Word
Inverse psoriasis is a fairly rare skin problem. However, the truth is that it is quite troublesome for the people. Its causes are still not fully explained and its symptoms are most distressing. So, you should follow proper therapies and treatment methods to take care of the problem. You should use ointments and creams to reduce the inflammation of the patches and boils. You can use limited phototherapy sessions to remove all the patches as well. And you can also use some changes in lifestyle so as to get rid of the problem in advance. Even certain drugs will work for you effectively as well.